Saturday, February 4, 2017

Fashion Show / Sale a Great Sucess

Hi Everyone. I thought you might like to know how my Fund Raiser went .

Well, it far exceeded my expectations. I made a whopping $842.00 for the Food Bank !!!
And those who attended LOVED it and want me to have more. I think I've created a monster.

I ended up selling 35 of my 43 wraps , only 6 of my 12 infinity scarves and all of the hair towels I had on hand . I only charged $12 for plain wraps and $15 for those which had buttons or trim. They were very popular.

During the Fashion Show,my models were stopped in their tracks so the wraps could be touched , examined and even tried on .These were the popular ones.







 The sale took place after the show and we served coffee, tea, lemonade and sweets. We held a silent auction for this reversible cape I made for the occasion . It brought in $95.00!





We had several door prizes . The main one was this poncho, which I also made.



Both the cape and the poncho were copies of RTW garments.

The Food Bank was overwhelmed when I took them the cheque yesterday and were thrilled to know I plan another event for June.

This was a real feel good project. I feel I'm using my talent for something God wants me to do . And the Fashion Show provided a respite for people in the middle of winter.

Now I'm going to sew a couple of things for my self and I still have my red Christmas dress to show you. I'm changing it up a bit before that though.

More later from




18 comments:

Graca said...

Love this story. You're a good woman and those capes and wraps are beautiful.

Linda T said...

How wonderful; had to chuckle with your "think I've created a monster" comment. Definitely one of those everybody WINS projects!

Kate said...

Well done, you. :)

Vicki said...

What a great outcome.

Faye Lewis said...

Beautiful wraps and ponchos! You did a great job!

Regina Gee said...

Many blessings to you Diana! Such lovely wraps and ponchos for a very worthwhile cause.

Carole said...

Wonderful wraps and capes, they look so professional and made for such a worthy cause. What a kind and generous lady you are, I can't imagine how many hours you must have spent in your sewing room. Well done you!!

Summer Flies said...

What a great fund raiser and lucky, lucky purchasers. Your wraps are so gorgeous.

beckster said...

What a fabulous thing to do, Diana. You should be very proud of yourself! I know the Food Bank was so grateful. Yes, you have created a monster, but a good monster. You need another sewist to make things for June so that you don't have to do all the heavy lifting. I can't wait to see what you make then!

Ann Brodsky said...

Wow! You are amazing! Congratulations on such a successful event. Your wraps and ponchos are beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post! You are a very good person! Thanks for sharing. I mean that literally.
take care.

Amanda S. said...

Wow! I love this so much!!! What an awesome way to use your talents! <3

Coco said...

This is really nice - heartwarming.

Toocutedobs said...

Great job! I was actually looking for an idea like this for my ladies group. Thanks for sharing. You did a wonderful job on these wraps. Beautiful.

Mary Sarah said...

These are beautiful and so fun! What a great fund raising idea!

Gail said...

I'd have purchased one in a flash. They are beautiful.













Aminat said...

Woow...... I am so happy for you, it's always good to give back and to use our God's given talent to serve others, personally I believe that is one of our purposes of creation... Thanks for what you do

Sharon said...

I can see why they want more fashion shows as the variety of the wraps and those lucky door prizes would have made everyone very happy.