Saturday, January 22, 2022

A Copycat Top with Surefit Designs Pattern System

I'm not going to say it ! Well I have to . It's been a long time ! 

I've been missing blogging lately and I just made this great top that I love so much and just wanted to share it with somebody !

We are in more or less lock-down stage here in New Brunswick, Canada but that doesn't bother me much because I have my sewing which is my escape. 

I'll start with the image I copied from. I think I got it on Pinterest and saved it to my photos


I used my Surefi.t Designs Dress kit bodice to start with. You could use any t-shirt type pattern that you are happy with though. I already had drafted a non-fitted top pattern that I was really happy with. I added a bit to shoulders, sides and sleeves to get a moderately loose fit like a sweatshirt. I divided the front and sleeves to match the picture and added seam allowances .





My fabric is a cotton French Terry sweatshirt knit and so soft and luxurious feeling. My top has a neckband ,cuffs and a loose fitting bottom band.

A funny thing about this sewing project is that when I showed my husband, who is my best critic, the picture, he didn't much care for it. I decided to go ahead with it anyway since I had spent $40 on the fabric.

When I was finished and modeled it for him he was blown away and loved it!  So did my daughter and sister-in-law . And I'm very happy with it. It turned out just exactly the way I wanted.

Here it is...











.

What do you think? Does mine look like the original ? Thank you in advance for any feedback .  





15 comments:

Mizdd said...

sew cute!

bbarna said...

Love the shirt- yes, it looks very much like the picture. Missed your blog posts and hope you come back :-)
Barb

Arish said...

SUPER BONITO y es igual al de la foto, te sienta genial. BESICOS.

Diana said...

Mucho gracias !

Summer Flies said...

I love that shirt. It is gorgeous. So, so glad to see you are well! I was worried :(
I love your sewing.

SewRuthie said...

It looks great, lovely to see you posting again. Thank you

Diana said...

Oh so nice to hear from you.and thank you! think I needed a break but I've missed the camaraderie of blogging .I realize I have do much to share right now and will hopefully be more regular in my posting .

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I'm starting with it's so nice to see you posting a project again! Then I'm moving onto it's a great copy of your inspiration photo. Finally glad to see all is well with you and your family during these perilous times. Hope you'll share more of your sewing with us!

Graca said...

Oh, I think it's better than the inspiration photo! This looks wonderful and comfortable too. I agree, it's nice to read another blog post and see a project from you.

Dara said...

GREAT JOB!

Vicki M said...

Looks great! Welcome back.

Irene said...

Good to have you back! Your top looks wonderful ... sounds like it's so cozy.

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

It looks fantastic!! And the color combo is perfection!

lsm said...

Beautiful top. it's nice to see you online again.

Veronica said...

Love the shirt, might have to copy yours :) Welcome back, hope we hear more from you