Sunday, September 23, 2012

Two Ease Into Fall Pieces

The first week of Sept.,I started sewing for fall. I made the two pieces in this post and then got all caught up in sewing for the Mini Wardrobe Contest at Pattern Review. I neglected to take photos of today's pieces until today.
The top was loosely based on 

Here it is.


I lowered and widened the neckline to make it somewhat resemble a boat neck which I love but am too chesty to wear .


I added a pocket using this top from Coldwater Creek as my inspiration.


I shortened the sleeves, and added a cuff and a bias trim .


The cropped pants are another version of
                                            Silhouette Patterns  #3400 ( Three Piece Yoga Pant)
                                          I added two pockets with button and top stitching details.
                                          I also added an invisible zipper to these yoga pants to make
                                                        them easier  get  over my hips.



Oh MY!! Look at that lint!

The fabric is  a stretch cotton sateen.
                                              And can I say that I absolutely love this pattern .
                                        All the pants I've made with this pattern are so flattering.

                                       I'm wearing this outfit right now and it's become a favorite.



Next time I'll show you a couple of the pieces I've made for the above mentioned contest one of which is the cardi from V8819  which turned out really well!

I do hope you found time to sew this weekend and thank you for visiting my blog!

More later from


17 comments:

Lori said...

Super cute outfit. Your details on the top and pants make it perfect. Great job.

Audrey said...

I love this outfit...you added some wonderful details...very inspiring!

Evelyne said...

Love the detail on the pants and the slanted pocket - great outfit!

Kuningas said...

A wonderful elegant Kit! Great job!

Amanda S. said...

Really cute outfit!

shams said...

Diane, what a wonderful, stylish outfit with cute details! Let us know when the voting commences. :D

Ann Made Studio said...

Diana your outfit looks wonderful! I can"t believe that is the Silhouette yoga pants pattern. I love that pattern too and will have to try to make changes to it as well.
Would be nice to run into you at Fabricville :) it has been so long since I've seen you. You look amazing!

velosews said...

What a cute top. The detailing is perfect.
I bought the same pant pattern and seeing your take on it makes me feel like it was a good buy.

Irene said...

Super cute outfit! Love the trim on the pockets.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Such a cute outfit!

Andrea said...

Such a cute outfit! I love what you've done with the Silhouette Pants pattern.

Summer Flies said...

I love this outfit too. Those pants are really nice.

pdiddly said...

great looking outfit, and as usual you look stunning in it.

Linda T said...

What a cute outfit! I love stripes and I, too, love Peggy's yoga pant pattern. I've lost count of how many times I've made it or variations of it.

Dixie said...

Smart changes you made to these garments. The pocket on the top is really cool, and the stitching on the pants is an eye-catcher. Really cute outfit!

Sharon said...

Wonderful outfit and your changes take them from ordinary pieces to inspiring pieces.

gwensews said...

Cute!