Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not Much to Post About

Hi all! Thank you for stopping by to see what I'm up to!

I sewed this week (of course!) but only finished my warm and cozy nightie. To see it ,look at my right hand sidebar at A Few of My Favorite Things
because it didn't warrant a whole post. But I can tell you,I love it and it is deliciously cozy and according to DH,very cute.My sisters, however, thought it was ridiculously big and too heavy. ( I have three sisters and we get together every year for an overnighter at a hotel and to begin our Christmas shopping).But enough of that.

I had the pleasure of running into Ann of Ann's Fashion Studio not once but twice over the weekend and dear fellow sewists, this lady is every bit as nice as she looks.We had great chats and I was very interested in hearing about her Uniquely You dress form.She has a link on her blog post so check it out. I'm just about ready to break it to DH that I would like to have one for Christmas.

I'm also just about ready to begin my on-going fleece Hats and Mitts project for children in need but I do want to finish a couple of pieces I'm working on using this blue animal print Ponti de Roma knit. So check back with me later in the week for more details.




Happy Halloween Everybody (We only got one Trick or Treater this year! Boo-hoo!)

2 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

It was great seeing you and what fun, two chats in one week end.
I'm anxious to see what you are making with the fabric you had.

Happy Halloween to you too. One trick-or-treater :(
We got "6"...this is our lowest number ever. Everyone must have gone to the community center for their treats.

I love that style of nightie. It looks so comfortable and it will be warm and I love the fabric print. The top pattern you used was perfect for this nightie.

The dress form would make a great Christmas gift ;)

gwensews said...

That nightgown is exactly what I love to wear around the house on cold, winter nights (and mornings, and sometimes when I'm REALLY lazy, all day)!!