Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tamara's Spring Suit V1037

I want to thank all of you who left wonderful comments on my last post.You were right. The dress was just right for the occasion and I got lots of compliments!

Last week we went to Ottawa again (to see Riley of course) before going to Montreal.Before leaving I really pushed myself to make DD's suit.I didn't get all of it finished so I couldn't take nice pics of it on Antoinette.I did some hand sewing on the way and finished up when I got there.

The pattern is V1037




The fabric is this gorgeous silk tweed I purchased at C&M Textiles in Montreal.They were having an 80% off sale on end of bolts and I was lucky enough to score this piece and Tamara loved it too.



The only changes I made was bound buttonholes,



and I changed the bound pocket to a single lip to save time. It doesn't show anyway.



I used a skirt pattern that I had already made for Tamara so there wouldn't be any fit issues and I'm pleased to say the suit was a perfect fit!

Unfortunately,last week was so hot and muggy that I didn't have the heart to insist on a photo of Tamara in the suit so this is the only good photo I managed to take.



I hope you all had a great week! I can't resist leaving you with a favorite Riley picture.

16 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

Oh my gosh :) what an
adorable little face :)

The suit looks amazing. You always do lovely work. I miss seeing you at Fabricville, but It appears you are enjoying your retirement :)

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The suit is beautiful! And so is Riley. I can see why you go visit so frequently. :)

I have this pattern and it keeps making my sewing to do list because it is a beautiful suit.

Vicki said...

Such pretty fabric and beautiful suit. Cute grandchild too :)

KID, MD said...

Beautiful suit and adorable baby!

Lori said...

First off, adorable picture, what a face. Lovely suit, you do such beautiful work.

Gail said...

Gorgeous suit. Another example of an unpromising pattern that comes to life with the right pattern. Riley is too cute. Can't wait to be a grandparent, but please don't share that with my 18 year old daughter!

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Riley is adorable!! The suit is wonderful!

Barb

Connie B said...

Love the fabric- and the outfit too! I will be heading to C and M in a few weeks, hopefully there will be some treasures there. Love little Riley. There is something about grandbabies, isn't there?

gwensews said...

What a sweet baby! Gosh, they grow so fast! It must kill your heart to have to leave her! Terrific suit! I love that jacket. I have the pattern also. It is so classy!

Chris said...

Diana, the suit is beautiful.....and Riley, what a doll!

Michelle said...

Wow, that suit is gorgeous! the fabric is wonderful, and the pink lining is such a great touch!

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

Riley is a cutie pie. Beautiful suit. I especially like the jacket.

Barb

Sewingadicta said...

Riley is adorable!! And the suit is beautiful!

Julia said...

Beautiful suit!! I love that fabric!
I have a little Riley, too. Yours is just as adorable!!!! Such a cute smile!

Debra Martin said...

Diana, your sewing is so beautiful and so is your little Riley! What a great little smile!

:)Deb M.

Nancy Winningham said...

This looks fabulous. I love the collar on that jacket. Very nice.