Thursday, January 1, 2009

Butterick 4665 , Altered

004.JPG (image)

I made this coat last year with the larger collar and I found myself not liking it and not wanting to wear it.
This morning, I was suppose to take down the Christmas tree first thing but somehow ended up in the Sewing room instead. I don't often get to alterations but I decided if I want to get back to my Swap sewing, I have to fix this coat .

It really didn't take me long to cut out, interface and sew the new collar ,which is from view C,D&E.I also made a fringe trim to match the trim on the pockets. I took out the old collar and sewed in the new, all in an hour and a half.

Here it is now and I like it so much better.



I found this great scarf in my closet which matches it perfectly.



I don't love this coat but I will definitely wear it more now than before.

Now on to taking down the Christmas tree.

Happy sewing from Diana!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Happy New Year Diana! The coat looks fabulous with the scarf. It is a shame you don't "love it".

Diana said...

Thank you Vicki and happy New Year!Don't you find that sometimes you love a fabric but don't succed in visualising it in the garment accurately? That's what happened with this one.

Shannon said...

Happy New Year!

Nice fix on your coat - it's too bad that you don't love it now - I think it looks great! I understand what you said to Vicki - sometimes the fantasy garment in the head doesn't quite turn into reality.

Alana said...

Impressive save!

Ann Made Studio said...

Diana, the scarf looks really nice with the coat.
I think the after coat looks great too.

Tany said...

It looks great!! And I love it with the scarf!