Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vogue 1060 Again

I needed a new, warm and cozy robe for the cold weather coming up. I bought a sooo soft two sided fleece and decided to use Sandra's coat pattern because I knew it was quick to make and I thought that the style was ideal for a robe.



I added about 18 inches to the length and this time, I added an inch to the side seams to make the robe more roomy but I left out two of the three darts from both the front and back.As well, this time I used the front facings.I sewed them down on the inside so they would stay put. I sewed the pockets according to pattern instructions . I added a full tie belt and belt loops to the back and sides.




This pattern worked really well for a robe. It is slightly fitted but yet roomy enough for comfort.

I had a bit of fabric left so I decided to make booties. I used Butterick 4405 (OOP)





I think these would be a great Christmas gift for just about anyone.If you have the pattern and decide to make them , keep in mind that they are very big. I altered the pattern to fit my size7.5 feet. I intend to post a tutorial on how to make them. I took lots of photos, including the pattern pieces on a grid so you can draw them to scale.

But at the moment,I'm having a problem importing my pics to my post . They are appearing as javascript. Anyone out there have this problem or know how to fix it ??

Happy Sewing from Diana

6 comments:

Claudine said...

Great robe, and good thinking outside the box in using a coat pattern. It should be nice during this chilly winter.

Vicki said...

How cute. You look very comfy!

Claire S. said...

Great looking robe, Diana, it'll be cosy this winter

Ann Made Studio said...

Diana, I love it. It looks soooooo comfy.
Very cute slippers :)

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Diana .- that the good idea to use this pattern to make one cozy. seems perfect. I am very keen to make this pattern coat for my sister, but I think we'll have to wait a while ...... for the moment my work took all my hours. You know, is Spain we say: ".... home of the blacksmith is eaten with wooden spoon .. " this is my case.

greetings from Barcelona and see you soon, Paco

Faye Lewis said...

Those booties are so very cute. I think they would make the greatest gift. Your robe looks so nice and comfy. Yes, we are kindred spirits who want to so ALL OF THE TIME!