Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Farewell to Fabricville

This is just a quickie. This afternoon, I'm going to gathering of my co-workers at Faricville. The guests of honour are two other women (who quit working at the same time I did at the end of December) and me.

For the occasion ,I spent two days making these gifts for Ellie and Melanie and I thought I'd share them with you.

For Ellie I made these oven mitts and personalized them on my new embroidery machine.



I also designed and made this Sewing tote because I want Ellie to come to the sewing get-togethers that a couple of friends and I have once a month on Wednesdays so now she'll be all set.





For Melanie ,who loves pink and is a very feminine young woman, I made matching oven mitts and an apron which is my own interpretation of McCalls 5997.





I had great fun making these gifts and I hope the ladies like them.

Have a great week everyone and I hope you find time to sew!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Wonderful and beautiful gifts.

Jenny said...

Beautiful AND functional gifts. They are great! I want to be your friend, too!

Aminat said...

Can I be your friend tooo?....lol. Those are beautiful gift and am sure your friends will really like them...

Vicki said...

What lovely gifts they are! Lucky ladies.

Ann Made Studio said...

All your gifts look beautiful Diana. I'm sure you had a grand afternoon with great company...and luckily you will see them again at your sewing get togethers :)

The Sewing and Knitting Loft said...

You friends will enjoy the wonderful gifts you made for them! Very nice work.

gwensews said...

flYour friends will love their gifts and appreciate your thoughtfulness. I have worked in fabric stores, but not for several years. Still, when I go into a fabric store, I find myself straightening shelves, putting notions back into their proper spot. I can't count the number of times that someone else in the store thinks I work there!

Kathi said...

What nice and thoughtful gifts!