The Sandra Betzina coat is almost finished. I think it's quite pretty but not really my style. I'll show it soon.
I've been making tops out of a beautiful rayon knit from Fabricville and that will be a post after the coat.
Today ,I want to to show you matching dresses I made for Riley and Poppy. I just got back from Ottawa to be with Poppy for her 4th birthday. As usual, I enjoyed every minute I spent with my two little cuties and I felt a little bereft on the plane ride home, knowing I won't see them again for two months.
For the dresses, I used a piece of poplin and a red cotton knit that were a perfect match from my stash. I designed the dresses myself.
For the patterns for each , I used an old , multi -size, child's pattern from which I copied the shoulder and armscye. From there ,I drafted an A-line silhouette. Using this "master pattern", I then added the design lines. I flared out the dresses from the neckline to hem and from the curve (pockets areas) to hem. The back of the dresses are the original A-line. I added pocket bags to the side pieces and facings the shape of the pockets to form the pockets.
To sew, I gathered the neckline and curved pocket areas to conform to the front of the master pattern.
I added neck and sarmhole bidings to finish them off.
On our way to get pizza and yes they are the best of friends!
At the Birthday Party
The little girls loved their dresses which were a hit everywhere they went. I'm planning more dresses in the near future because Riley and Poppy wore them three of the five days I was with them. Now that's what I call appreciation.
I hope you're having lovely weather where you are and are sewing up a fun summer wardrobe1
More later from