Sunday, June 26, 2016

Tops Are a Staple in This Retired Woman's Wardrobe

I hesitate to show you yet more tops because I make so many of them. I thought I'd at least group these together. I have three to show you.

The first one is a cotton knit stripe bought from Fabricmart   trimmed with navy rayon knit from Fabricville.. I combined two patterns as I did for this dress. V1109 for the sleeves and B 5522   for the body .








                            Whoops! This one is hazy but you get the picture. I love this one a lot.The sleeves                                are wonderfully comfortable and the fit is relaxed.




The next one is Geogio's top by Silhouette Patterns and one of my favorite styles to wear. I still wear the first one I made to death. For this one I cut above- the-elbow sleeves and lengthened it by 3 ". The graphic print fabric feels like rayon but I think it's polyester from Fabricville.



Whoops! Now those shoes don't match !




Now you see them, now you don't ! That's better.




The last top was made using my Surefit Designs sloper. . I love this casual and fun piece. I copied the idea from a friends top which I loved.It's so comfy and just the thing for lunch with the girls or hosting a get-together of family  or friends. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The fabric is the Milano rayon knit from Fabricville, I talked about last week.


                        

That's it for now. I've got a jumpsuit, a dress and an outfit to show you in the next weeks so please come back for a look and thanks for stopping by.



15 comments:

Dilliander said...

Lovely tops Diana. The pattern mix for the stripes works really well. Thanks for sharing, I always enjoy your creativity.

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Love your tops, great wardrobe staples. You look lovely as usual!

Irene said...

Wonderful tops! Funny, how a new top, no matter how quick to make, always seems to perk up the wardrobe.

Sharon said...

Three lovely tops and I do love the red one.

Sarah Liz said...

Tops are so satisfying to make, and as they are the most rotated garment wear, it makes sense to make plenty. And different tops a different outfit make, if that makes sense. They are all lovely.

Vicki said...

Great tops. The last one is very much like the Stylearc Kim swing top!

Barb in Ga said...

Diana, You can never have too many tops. They all look great. I really like all of your clothing you have made.

Btw, I just thought I would mention, In reading through your blog posts, I saw one of my art prints on your wall. I love it when that happens. I think it was a bouquet of flowers. Sorry, I don't remember which post it was.

Ohhhmy said...

WOW, the red is stunning and the others are wonderful, too, but oh, that red! Thanks, Vicki, for pointing out a like pattern from Stylearc. Love your blog, Diana!

Ann Brodsky said...

All gorgeous tops! I agree with Margene- the red one is really a show stopper!

Sew-To-Fit by AD Lynn said...

These are all really nice tops Diana. I especially like the red..not sure why, I have been sewing red for two weeks.

Tany said...

There's no such thing as "too many tops"! All three of them are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Please post all the tops you wish! I don't wear dresses, and get rather tired of reading about them. The only time I'm interested in dresses is if it could be cut off to make an interesting top.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say - nice tops, and I really like the sleeve details on the striped one.

Nancy K said...

All of these pieces are lovely. Tops are big in my life as well and you've given me some good ideas.

Judith said...

Excellent choice of patterns and fabric - you look terrific as usual!