Well, I started this coat the first week in May and it's taken me this long to get it to the wearing stage.
I think the coat genie is trying to tell me I have enough already because my last three jacket/ coats have been real challenges. I have to admit I was tempted to give up on this one . The flared out from above the waist silhouettte isn't flattering my shape, but I wore it today to a luncheon and got raves about it so that gives me the confidence to keep it.
The pattern is V1494 and the fabric is a denim look heavy drapery linen from my stash.
Here's the coat but the photography and the colour leave a lot to be desired. The top stitching is actually in taupe not white as the pic would suggest.
The collar looks terrible closed up like that. I think the lining is pulling but I don't have it in me to go in there and fix it. I'll be wearing it like this in any case. Isn't it pretty this way?
First about the collar problem. This is what the original collar looked like. Yes it really looked like that!!!
This is what I did to fix it. Plus I took a 1.5 " wedge at center back which ended at nothing at the neckline.
It still looked like this however
but I decided to trust in Sandra and it ended up fine in the end.
For my coat,I changed the pockets because I don't like inseam ones. If you want to know how to make these pockets,
please let me know and I'll post a tutorial on Diana's Sewing Lessons.
The lining is a poly slippery fabric that I thought would look cool and the yellow bias trim is too
A look at the back which is the part I don't find particularly flattering on me.
I do love colour and it feels wonderful on so I will wear my coat
And that's all I have to say about that.
More later from