Sunday, May 8, 2016

A New Spring Dress, B5522


Well I'm back ! I really think having to get pictures taken will do me in as a blogger! I got enough pics taken however  today for three blog posts, I hope.

Spring weather is finally here so it was a good day for my new spring dress. I used B5522  (OOP) but simplified the sleeves and that was not easy to do !! I had to lay all those individual pieces one on top of the other keeping in mind the seam allowances and they turned out a little on the small size.

 The fabric is a poly/lycra bought at Fabricville.


I also changed the neckline for my dress to utilize part of the fabric's border print but I can't say I love the result. I think I should have lowered the neckline some but it's OK I guess.


I used a different part of the border for  the sleeves.


I really like the freedom of this A-line silhouette and the way it glides over the figure. It's so much easier to wear than a sheath dress although  I love  the slim fit of  a sheath. I had used this pattern for the body of this dress a couple of years ago and I've pulled it out of my closet many times. I don't love this one as much, I have to admit,  but both are really comfortable to wear.


It's very windy today so the dress is billowing out a bit.

 

What am I working on now? I'm agonizing over the collar of Sandra Betzina's V1494. I tell you, that collar makes no sense! Has anyone else made this coat?


Happy Mother's Day to all you Mums out there. I'm a happy one because each of my three children have called me today! They always do but I have this fear that one of them will forget me which is silly because they never do!!


More later from,





12 comments:

Vicki said...

I had a lovely mother's day with my girls! Lucky me they still live close by (one still at home). Your dress is lovely. And hope you work out that collar as the pattern looks really nice.

Coco said...

Cute dress - I agree, Mom's Day is nice, guaranteed a call !

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

Mother's Day is special, I waited for THAT call today, it did come & was sweet!

Great dress! Love your fabric pattern, very flattering on you!

Mary said...

I love this dress, especially because the fabric and neckline reflect each other. I hear you about the photographing...I am not enjoying taking photos recently.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Lovely dress and very creative use of the border print.

Ohhhmy said...

Lovely dress, looks good on you. Amazing how you restyled the pattern. I do love the lines of the original sleeves, just might have to copy that design.

Amanda S. said...

You always do such interesting things with border print fabrics! I think this shape is really flattering for a day dress. Sometimes you just don't want something binding to wear around all day!

Tany said...

I love the dress and think the neckline turned out quite beautifully. Great use of the border fabric!

patsijean said...

Regarding that collar, great coat, contact Sandra, she has a FB page for one way of getting in touch. She is very generous sharing information.

I too like the dress. If you wind up donating it, someone will wind up with a lovely garment.

Sharon said...

Such clever use of the fabric and the dress looks lovely on you. Is the neckline being a bit high making you not love it?

Gail said...

Not sure why you don't love this dress. It looks fantastic and I love the squared off neckline to showcase the border print.

Sarah Liz said...

I love the neckline - it just seems perfect for the print. And as for the collar on the coat - we don't have the pattern here in Australia just yet - it looks lovely - hope you work out the collar so that you can make it. Otherwise I guess you will just work something out.