Saturday, May 3, 2014

An Easter Dress


Wow! I haven't posted in a whole month!

I've been doing a lot of house cleaning  Plus , I've been to Ottawa and back for a very nice visit with my children and little Munchkins, but I've also been  sewing.....a coat for Tamara, a Sandra Betzina jacket and I even managed a new dress for Easter ,albeit a very simple one.

 I 'll show you  my new version of Silhouette Patterns Swing Dress first. I think you'll agree it is far different than the envelope cover photo. I covered that story in this post.








The fabric is rayon/lycra and the pretty purple print  matches my amethyst jewellery given to me by  my husband  for various occasions. I keep trying to find fabric to match my pieces because Bob really likes it when I wear my amethyst ring and bracelet.

I added about 7 inches to my last version because this pattern, as is,  is practically a mini dress!

This dress is very basic, but one of those garments that is bound to be worn a lot because of its simplicity and comfort .


I decided on a longer length and I really like it this way What do you think?.



I'll show you the Sandra Betzina jacket , which is realy a wearable muslin for V1385 , in a few days when I've had a chance to take some pics.

Hope spring has found you in your little corner of the world!!

More later from






13 comments:

Sarah Liz said...

Yes, I like the long length - it's very elegant. And, if you change your mind, you can always shorten it - but you can't lengthen:).

This is a very pretty dress, and as you say, very versatile. I hope you get lots of wear from it.

Linda T said...

Very pretty! I love this pattern (and yes, I add length too). I must pull it out again. Such pretty colors an perfect for your special jewelry. A real winner!

Mary said...

What a gorgeous dress, especially in that length.

Faye Lewis said...

You had a lovely Easter dress! Nice fit.

Amanda S. said...

What a pretty dress on you - love the colors!

Vicki said...

No spring here! Very nice dress and how nice it goes so well with your jewellery.

Jenny said...

I do like the length. Very chic. Sometimes simple is best with a fun print like that. Very nice.

Annette said...

This is a great length. I love the dress. It is classic in style and color.

Sharon said...

Beautiful dress, love the colour and the extra length is nice.

Nancy D said...

I really like your fabric and the length is great! When I wear a dress or skirt that's this midi length I feel sorry for guys that they don't (usually - check out Male Pattern Boldness) have this wardrobe option. You look comfortable and classy!

Tracy H said...

Pretty dress, the colour really suits you

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Lovely colours and the dress is very flattering on you.

Beverly said...

Such pretty fabric and I think the length is great on you!