Gail asked where I got my counter top. I designed it myself and had our carpenter build it.The measurements are 9 1/2 ' by 5'. The two ends have a plain side and I bought these night stands at Home Depot.to which he attached the counter top.
Now for what I've been sewing. The pattern is B5786
The fabric is a medium weight 50% linen-50% polyester from my stash in a pretty denim blue.I love this shirt! The bias cut makes it flattering to the figure and I highly recommend this pattern.
I did add 2" to the length in the front and took away 2" from the back. But aside from the fitting alterations I always make ( FBA, narrow sloping shoulders and narrow back ), my shirt looks very much as the pattern envelope does. Of course I added the collar and sleeves from views C & D to View A to get this look.
I really love the way this shirt dips in the back but looks like a regular shirt in the front.
I love the size of the collar and collar band.
In the pictures below, you get a glimpse of what my old sewing room looks like now. We call it the Egyptian Room. ( I've always been obsessed with Egyptology).
Tailored shirts were my favorite things to make in the 70's ,80's and 90's until I lost my waist and couldn't tuck in anymore. I'm thrilled with this one and I want to try another one soon - Butterick 6026 by Katherine Tilton.
Right now, I'm deep into a new spring coat for Tamara. It will probably be another week before it's finished but I hope you'll check back then.
Here's hoping you all have a wonderful weekend without any bad weather (says the woman buried under five feet of snow on April 4th!! Lol.)