I bought three pieces of a rather pricey ottoman knit at Fabricville. The red and black used here with the plain black as an accent as well as a royal blue and black version which might become a dress version of this pattern but not sure yet.
I love this top and the fit is pretty good too. BUT! NOTE TO SELF! FIX THE TOO WIDE UPPER BACK PROBLEM !
I made this one pretty much like the pattern cover except for a couple of things . Before I started , I printed the line drawing and coloured in my plan of how I wanted to place the stripes. I find this really helps to make the construction of a garment go smoothly.In this case, I could see I needed something to separate the various parts of the bodice front and back.
I decided to cut strips of the black ottoman , fold them and use them as piping. That worked beautifully.
The only thing I changed was the sleeves. I made them full length and added a narrow black band at the sleeve hem because they weren't quite long enough. Oh, and I raised the front neckline one inch.
Now for the classic piece I managed to make last week as well. For this cream cable stitch cardigan , I used M6208 except I didn't use the collar and facings. Instead I used the band from Nina's Top from Silhouette Patterns. It is plain, simple and comfortable. I see having this in my wardrobe for years to come.
|Seen here with cowl ,sleevelees pullover blogged here.|
|The back curves to a longer length.|
And that's all I have to say about that. I have lots to show you next week so please come back to see me.