Well, here it is, my I-worked-really-hard-to -get-there dress! What do you think?
Again the pattern is M6355
As I hinted before,the sweater knit fabric is almost like colour blocking which is why I was attracted to it in the first place.It's a poly/acrylic combination which I hope won't pill too much. I got it at Fabricville. At $27.00 a meter (but you know I didn't pay that much) so it should be of fairly good quality.It's a medium weight so just right for a dress.
As I stated in my last post, I discarded the idea of using a French dart . I did my usual FBA.( I cut through the front,spread the tissue 3/4" and enlarged the existing bust dart.) This method works well for me. I did not sew the front waist dart but I curved the side seam at the waist a bit more than it was on the pattern.
I added a large cowl collar to the pattern by using the method I showed here on my other blog. I had a hard time to decide between the light coloured collar and one that would match the stripe at the neckline.
I tried them both and they both looked so nice but my husband helped me to choose this one. I think it was the right choice after all.
I'm happy with the way the stripes of the sleeves match up really well with the body of the dress.
I sewed the back darts.
I am very satisfied with the fit of my dress. It is slimming, much more so than my photos show as they make me look bigger than I really am. It's very comfortable ans cozy too.
I consider my dress to be one of the classics I set out to sew this year.
See more pics here.
Next week, I'll show you a little bit of animal and I'm just starting to work on this little gem (the jacket).
Hope you found time to sew today! More later from