Sunday, July 8, 2012

An Oh So Comfortable Dress

The dress I have to show you today is a knit dress that is so very easy to wear. Knit fabric and no zipper, short and flirty. Here it is.




The pattern I used was Giorgio's top by Silhouette Patterns which I've used twice before.

 To make this dress, I lengthened all the pieces by 14 " and it falls just at my knee. ( I'm 5'4 1/2" tall).

I piped the neckline and sleeve edges with the curled selvedge of my knit fabric ( Poly-lycra)






 I should add that the neckline on my tops and this dress has been lowered so that is another change I made     to the pattern. 


I wore this dress to a  casual wedding last night . It was hot and humid but I was comfortable and cool.



I hope you found time to sew. 


More later from





12 comments:

Linda T said...

Cute, cute! this is one of Peggy's patterns that I don't yet have, but I must get it. cool and comfortable is what I want in summer!

Dilliander said...

Beautiful! What a clever idea and the perfect fabric.

Me! said...

Love this dress!

pdiddly said...

I agree great idea resulting in a beautiful dress

Gail said...

Love the fabric.

Amanda S. said...

It's very pretty on you. These types of easy breezy dresses are my favorite things to wear during the summer.

velosews said...

That's just lovely.

Julie Culshaw said...

Diana, I think you must mean the dress is 4'4 1/2" long, that is not your height! I have met you in person and you are not a midget!
Your dress is lovely.

Irene said...

You look so lovely!

Joyce in NC said...

This dress looks good on you. I love the fabric you choose.

Vicki said...

I read your post first on my phone but didn't leave a comment. Glad to see that you are 5'4 and not 4'4 - you don't look teeny tiny. Exactly my height! Anyway, the dress looks lovely on you.

gwensews said...

T-riffic dress! I really like the Giorgio's top and intend to order the pattern when Peggy has a sale. It worked into a dress just beautifully. I would like one below hip length.