I've been wanting to make a blouse with puffy sleeves for a while now but I knew that at my age I had to limit the amount of pouf.Well,I really liked this pattern View A
and it was time for me to make a store display (for Fabricville). The spring summer fabrics have been pouring into the store and I chose a silk cotton striped jacquard in bright red because we have to wear red, black or white tops for work.Therefore this piece fits in very well with the rules of Swap.
I decided to use the bias for the front and back side pieces
I interfaced the collar and the front with silk organza and lined the whole thing with cotton voile of the same red colour. So essentially I had to make the blouse twice and then sew it together. I closed the unfinished section at the back hem with Steam-a-Seam (I love Steam-a-Seam)
The pattern was well drafted.I had no trouble with it.I made my usual FBA alteration and added one inch fit insurance at the side seams. It was a good thing because for this pattern I needed most of that inch at the bust in spite of my FBA.
As for the curved pieces, I stay stitched the front and back sections and clipped the seam every 3/4 " or so and this allowed the curved pieces to fit in very nicely.
The sleeves were made in two parts:the puffy outer layer and a liner.(I forgot to take a picture). I suspected that the end result would be too extreme for me but I went ahead and finished it so I could take it to work the next day. I have to leave it on display for two months before I can bring it home so I'll alter the sleeves when that time comes.
I really like the lay of the collar but it doesn't look good opened as it is in View A of the pattern.
My husband wasn't home to take a picture (it's probably just as well.It was too funny) so here it is on Bertha.
A few more photos here.