One more top, a shirt , and I'll be finished but I am also working on a black jacket that,together with my black Swap skirt will be part of a little black suit.It will be another extra.
In any case here is another version of Butterick 3030 this time in a slightly stretchy embroidered polyester.
I shaped the sides a bit at the waistline and added bust darts to get a better fit.I find that I can wear this one with or without a hipslung belt which is a look that I love.Oh and I also made it about 5" shorter than the pattern.A long tunic isn't flattering on my 5'4" and not exactly slim body.
I sewed the facings to the outside of the neckline and the cuffs. I used a plain matte satin which didn't want to cooperate so to get a nice neat edge where the topstitching is ,I used organza to face the facing.
Here you see the cuff sewn to the inside of the sleeve and the organza sewn to the edge of the cuff.
The cuff is pressed to the outside of the sleeve.
After pinning, I basted the cuff in place then topstitched.
Because it's white, I can wear this one to work so it fits in very well with the Swap rules.
So Voila! I'm wearing it here with my black skirt.