I needed a new, warm and cozy robe for the cold weather coming up. I bought a sooo soft two sided fleece and decided to use Sandra's coat pattern because I knew it was quick to make and I thought that the style was ideal for a robe.
I added about 18 inches to the length and this time, I added an inch to the side seams to make the robe more roomy but I left out two of the three darts from both the front and back.As well, this time I used the front facings.I sewed them down on the inside so they would stay put. I sewed the pockets according to pattern instructions . I added a full tie belt and belt loops to the back and sides.
This pattern worked really well for a robe. It is slightly fitted but yet roomy enough for comfort.
I had a bit of fabric left so I decided to make booties. I used Butterick 4405 (OOP)
I think these would be a great Christmas gift for just about anyone.If you have the pattern and decide to make them , keep in mind that they are very big. I altered the pattern to fit my size7.5 feet. I intend to post a tutorial on how to make them. I took lots of photos, including the pattern pieces on a grid so you can draw them to scale.
Happy Sewing from Diana