Sunday, August 21, 2016

I LOVE Yellow or A Surefit Designs Twin Set

Just a few words about my 50th High School Reunion: It was a resounding success! So much so that I forgot to get some photos taken so no action shots of me in my jumpsuit or dress but both worked very well for the events.


I'm really interested in rotating darts at the moment and have been practicing by making simple tops. For the one I'm showing today , I opened up my DD bust dart in both the shoulder and center front areas.It's a simple process if you have the patience to make a copy of a pattern and to work methodically. There's quite a bit of cutting ,spreading, and taping involved. For more details if you want them, go here to Diana's Sewing Lessons.
Here is what my pattern front looks like before and after rotating the dart.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            



Before starting, I used Sally Silhouette to design a top I thought would go well with last summer's fun palazzo pant. I gave the Sandra Betzina top to my DGD because it was too fitted for my taste.





I curved the CF seam at the bottom by using my Design Stylus.



I turned the hem under 5/8" in the front but for the back, I sewed a 1 1/2 " facing because I cut it a little too short

This photo is a little pale but it shows the shirring at the shoulders and CF where I opened the bust dart.



The back is just plain.



Here's an "action " shot taken at our Family get-together which we hosted.



Now as for the topper, this is what I planned to do.






I changed my mind when I started to draft the pattern and I don't love the result. The polyester lace is not drapey enough and is a little too thick to tie at the waist nicely but this is what I did to the front  bodice. pattern








Here it is with this remodeled  10 year old dress that use to look like this .







This bright yellow top goes with a lot of my bottoms , especially this Rachel Comey skirt made for my trip to Paris last September,





These white Coldwater creek jeans,





and of course my wild and crazy palazzos. ( I admit the pics are quite washed out. I didn't pay attention to the settings !!)



I'm sewing up a storm this week. My son left for home with my Riley and Poppy on Sunday . I was one tired Nana and I decided to do whatever I pleased this week so of course that was to sew!  Such fun! I'll have lots to show you next time so please come back to see me.


Happy sewing from







9 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love your posts! How your love of sewing and designing come through even though you sew for your new retired lifestyle. That's very encouraging to me especially in this last year of transition.

The yellow tops work so well in your wardrobe. Great pieces!

Elle said...

Great designs! I would never have guessed that a bright yellow two set could be so versatile.

Unknown said...

The yellow top is so lively. It looks lovely with skirt, jeans and wild stripe pants. The yellow lightweight jacket is beautiful with the floral dress. Isn't it grand to have garments in your wardrobe that expand the possibilities!

Sharon said...

Love your yellow tops, one of my favourite colours and it looks like they will be very versatile pieces in your wardrobe.

The Sewing CPA said...

Very beautiful tops! You styled them so well.

Irene said...

Lovely tops! You look so good in the yellow.

Joyree said...

I'm so excited you are enjoying SFD! I am very anxious to get back to it myself. I would love to go to one of Glenda's week long sessions, but she says I don't need it. Just so fun to play with all the stuff.
LOVE your outfits, and I may have to try one myself.
Hugs, Joy

Nan said...

Cannot begin to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I love yellow too, so bright and cheery.
Just love your outfits. You are such an inspiration. Thank you so very much for taking pictures of your lovely creations.
Just really charming.

hugs,
Nan

giaonhan247 said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

Công ty vận chuyển hàng nước ngoài FadoExpress hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi úcgửi hàng đi đài loan và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ