Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I'm going to Paris ! and a Self Drafted Jumpsuit

Yes . That's right ,a jumpsuit.  I had decided that I would absolutely not fall for the jumpsuit craze. But then, I bought this Aztec print knit and it shouted out JUMPSUIT and I couldn't shut it up. I wanted something different to wear to a family gathering at one of my sisters and this seemed just the thing.

I used a t-shirt pattern andcut it off three inches below the waistline.I slashed it at the shoulder to the waist, spread it a couple of inches in the front and an inch at the back, gathered it a bit  (in the front) and ended up with a cap sleeve look.  I  joined the top  to my Silhouette yoga pant pattern to which I added a couple of inches at the side seams.  I added elastic at the waist,which formed a blouson thanks to the three extra inches below the waist . A slit opening at the back neckline with a loop and button closure is the only way to put on or remove this thing.

This is what it looks like on .



This is a very comfortable outfit and I love to wear it but the going to the bathroom is not fun!!!

Oh!! Yes ! I'm going to Paris ! With my daughter ! We leave Saturday ! So excited !!

I'll have lots to show you when I get back. I made a few things to take with me but have had no time for pictures. I hope to get some "action " shots in the "city of lights."

So more later for sure from




15 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Have a wonderful time in Paris! Kinda jelly over here! *LOL* Can't wait to see pics!

Amanda S. said...

LOVE the jumpsuit! I have yet to jump on this trend. Not sure if I will or not. Have a fantastic time in Paris!

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE your jumpsuit! It's SO you! Great job!
Have fun in Paris, can't wait till you return with pictures & a story!

Bonnie @ sewplus.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I cheated with my only "jumpsuit" - matching pants and top in printed fabric.
Enjoy your jumpsuit and have a great time in Paris!!

Jeanette said...

I love the jumpsuit fabric and style. Good job self-drafting it. I was in Paris about 30 years ago and it was wonderful. Say hello to the Eiffel Tower for me and have a wonderful time.

Jenny said...

Your jumpsuit looks great! I hope you are taking it with you. Have a fantastic time in Paris!

Su-z said...

Lucky you and lucky daughter! I was just thinking today about how I love the idea of a jumpsuit, but not the idea of going to the bathroom...haven't come up with a decent solution. I really like yours, and the colors are great for you!

Patty said...

Great looking jumpsuit, thanks for sharing your process. I went to Paris with my daughter 2 years ago......best.trip.ever!

Tut said...

I didn't discover you until last year and immediately spent quite awhile reading back through all your posts because I love the information, but most of all I love the joy you project in your photos and writing. I, too, will be in Paris by the 16th. I have a new website with a free "Guide to Paris in the Fall" if you're interested. The url is ParisPalooza.com. Maybe I'll run into you at Marché Saint Pierre or Dam Boutons. I'll know you by that sewing smile of yours!

Sharon said...

Brilliant looking jumpsuit. I have been sort of tempted but will do a separate top and pants in the same fabric, much easier for the bathroom.

Have a fantastic trip to Paris!

Dara said...

Beautiful sewing!! Please ENJOY Paris ! I look forward to visiting there myself in the near future!!

Claire S. said...

Have a great trip !

Unknown said...

Hi, Diana -

You look marvelous in that jumpsuit. Makes me re-think my commitment to avoid the jumpsuit craze this time around. Love that fabric. Love the way it looks on you. Enjoy Paris and all that it offers.

Coco said...

Cute cute cute - love your jumpsuit! Have a blast in Paris. My daughter and I (before she fell in love and deserted me!) used to travel every winter to either London or Paris. Such great cities...have fun!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Jumpsuits are so in right now. They'll love you in Paris!