Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just One More Top

Well, I've had this one finished for a couple of weeks but am just getting around to blogging it now.

The pattern is Vogue 8323, View A, the sleeveless one to which I added the sleeves from the other two views.




The fabric is a polyester sweater knit.

The pattern is true to size. I made a size 12 and with my usual FBA, it fit well.

I added 2" to the length and I am satisfied with the change. I made this pattern before (here) and I knew I like a longer length in my tops.

The problem! The neckline is too high! I have to wear it folded down.In order to wear it like that I had to add a piece to the back facing.

 I'd like to make the sleeveless version for summer and will have to modify the neckline.


And that's all I have to say about that.

Moving on to another project, I made a second Wrap like the green one I previously posted about here..


This item was very popular in my Sewing  Group and will be our next group project.I wrote the directions here on Diana's Sewing Blog.

I had to add three little darts on the neckband and the ladies really liked that feature. The sweater knit I used had a great selvage which I cut off and sewed  all around the sides. I love the result.


That's all for now.

I hope you found time to sew this weekend

9 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The best thing about working with a pattern is that you can modify it to make it work for you...so I'm sure the summer version will be exactly what you want. Love both of the new pieces!

Unknown said...

It is main think about it. I would like to this pattern and colour. It design looking amazing. I really appreciate for your work.

J W Anderson

gwensews said...

Your Vogue top is lovely. I watched the PeggySagers webcast when she was demonstrating the poncho wrap top thingiess. Love them. I want to make one in a sheer fabric. Maybe two.

velosews said...

I do love the v-neckline top. It will look great as a summer version. This is a great colour on you.

Jenny said...

Simple and very cute. I love it!

kristalmaico said...

It is informative post. Beautiful top accentuates your overall personality and makes you look more beautiful. I impressed by that.

rc boats

Dana said...

Fold down the collar - what a great idea! Looks really nice on you. I made the sleeveless version quite awhile ago and keep meaning to make it again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Andrea said...

I made the same Vogue top and also found the neckline to be too high in the back. Love yours in the gray.

Kelan Willis said...

This is one my favorite t-shirt and everything is perfect for this post. In this sleeveless one to which you added the sleeves from the other two views is really too good. I impressed by that.

Cloth Diapers