Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Need a Challenge

After a month and a half of sewing tops and creating samples for projects for my Sewing Group, I need a challenge! What that means is that I want to make something really great for my daughter,Tamara. Part of the challenge is to use fabric,patterns and notions from my stash  as much as possible.

I've already started on a boucle jacket  (S4374)  to which I'll add a couple of skirts.I've made that jacket twice before for myself so I should have some success with DD's jacket.I'm really enjoying this project!

Then I'm planning to make Tamara a new spring coat.I'm leaning towards New Look 6518   .It's the one I used for this jacket which I love. I'm planning on changing the collar a bit but we'll see,


Thought I'd show you what just arrived in the mail a couple of days ago. This,,,,,,,




and I absolutely love it. I've already spent many hours browsing the issues I don't own  I'm compiling a list of favorite articles for future use. I highly recommend this product. It is very user friendly.

Oh and I do have a couple of things to show you which I made from recycled denim skirts, yet another project for my Sewing Group.

This tote, trimmed in faux suede and eyelets will probably go to my GD .I merely cut the hem off the skirt,sewed across the bottom, sewed across the corners to form a flat bottom, covered a piece of cardboard with cotton print and velcroed it to the bottom.I used the cut off hem as the handles , also trimmed with the suede.



This wristlet, I'm using  for the notions I take with me to my sewing class.It was a pocket which I cut out ,added a back, a zipper, and a wrist handle. Pretty cute huh! And it couldn't have been easier to make.




I do hope you've found time to sew lately.
More later from

6 comments:

pdiddly said...

Its great when you can make something from your stash isn't it - love the jacket.

I love your bags, what a great use of an old skirt - I think the pocket bag is my favorite.

I have the Threads CD and agree with you - its great - I have it on my ipad and look at it when I am on my business trips.

Sharon said...

Love your jacket and look forward to seeing the version for your daughter.

Very cute bags and very impressed with your wristlet.

I have the Threads CD and need to load onto my iPad like pdiddly has so I have something to read when we are away.

gwensews said...

What cute bags! I need that Threads CD. Totally.

Janine said...

You have a very lucky daughter - I wish you could adopt me ! What a good idea for the jeans handbags - I could see a variation using a pretty scarf instead of a belt as well.

Peggy's Closet said...

I wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed reading your blog. Your tutorials are so helpful, and I really love how you marry the right fabric with the right pattern! So, yesterday, when I was given the Versatile Blogger award and knew I would need to pass it on to bloggers that I truly value, I immediately thought of you! You can read more about it on my blog if you wish.

To accept you follow these rules:
1. Add the award to your blog;
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you;
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself;
4. List the rules;
5. Give the award to 15 bloggers;
6. Inform each of those 15 bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog .
Have fun! ~ Peggy

Leslie V said...

I just love that wine colored quilted jacket,it is absolutely wonderful!! The denim bags are cute too. I have a book that shows you really nice things you can do with old jeans. I may have to dig that out. Thanks for the inspiration!