My second garment for Swap (Sewing With a Plan ) is from Vogue 8262.
This garment is sort of accidental. My plan was to make Vogue 8262 out of burgundy silk dupioni and I will. This version was to be a mock- up or sample to test the altered pattern.
As I was sewing it ,I realized I really like it and it fits quite well. I had already decided to change one of my planned bottoms, the blue corded faux suede pants because the shade of blue of the fabric really didn't match well with a couple of other blues in my plan. I'm going to make a black culotte instead. These will fit in very well with the contest rules of a wardrobe for a real week in my life.( We have to wear black bottoms to work at Fabricville.)This shirt will combine very well with all my bottoms.
So here it is. It is in a plaid polyester taffeta. The background is a bright navy,almost royal blue and the horizontal part of the plaid is black. Plaid is very in at the moment so I will be in style!.
This pattern wasn't suitable for plaid. There's a weird dart on the front pieces that sews into a princess seam and it threw the matching off just below the shoulder area.You can see it in this photo.
But I've seen a lot worse in retail so I'll not be embarrassed to wear it as is.
I could also possibly wear it as a jacket over a black sleeveless sweater.
Here it is on me in my dark wash jeans. I think it's a good look , one that can be casual as above or quite dressy
When I make this again in the silk dupioni, I'll lengthen the pattern at the waist a bit as well as somewhere between the waist and the hem. I find it a bit short-waisted and I'd like it to be about 2" longer over all.
For more pics and details on how I altered my pattern click here