Sunday, October 26, 2014

A Little Something For Fun

A bad case of bronchitis has kept me from sewing or blogging but I did have a couple of things made before it hit me.

I had quite a big length of fabric left over from my sister's coat so I'll show you what I came up with. I had a lot of fun with this one. I used this  OOP Marci Tilton Vogue pattern View A which I've never made and have always wanted to try out.

Actually, my version is the same colour as the pattern envelope.





 I just decided to wrap the edges including the neckline with strips of fabric which being a knit was quite doable without cutting them on the bias.I stitched,then simply trimmed close to the stitching line and I was done.






I like the way the edges "ruffled "a bit.

                                                               

And the way the raw edges show up. Very mod, don't you think!




My cute top needed something more so I found these great buttons and thought they were just the right finishing touch.





What do you think...with or without the buttons???

Here it is by itself as worn now.



Or with a turtle neck for winter.



I made the back plain  without the zig zag effect.



I love this thing. It is so cozy to wear. And DH said it's cute, always a plus.
I would have thought the fabric  too heavy for indoor wear but not so. I also bought the white version  (but again at Fabricville) and it will probably become a cardigan.

What do you think? I want to try this pattern once again in View B which I guess I have  made before  here.

I have a couple more things to show you but they  will have to wait till later. That's all the energy I have for now!

Happy sewing from






14 comments:

Enid said...

Hi, Diana, so sorry you have been under the weather. Hope each new day finds you feeling better!

Boy, those buttons make your turtleneck really a standout!
I think it is a great top and looks wonderfully comfortable and versatile as well as looking so nice on you..

Take care..

Angela said...

With the buttons:) They add the right something to it. A very cute and versatile top!

Faye Lewis said...

So glad you are on the mend. Love your top and that textured fabric.

Mary said...

Feel better soon! I love your top, and think it looks wonderful with the turtleneck.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Very nice top. I love it with the buttons and it looks great worn alone or with the turtleneck underneath.

Sarah Liz said...

I do hope you are feeling better - just ease back into things. The new top looks great, should cheer the spirits and keep the chest warm at the same time :) I love the rib knit and buttons, it lifts the garment into the special category.

Mem said...

With buttons definitely , love it with the jumper . Get well soon. I am sick too!

Vicki said...

Glad to hear you are over the worst of it. Not fun being sick. Cute top.

Linda L said...

I love, love, love this!! So creative. It is great that you can wear this with or without a sweater underneath!! Great fabric for this top.

Ann Made Studio said...

I've been thinking of you hoping you were ok. glad to hear you are feeling better. Love your top Diana! The buttons add a very nice touch and it looks great on its own or layered!

Jenny said...

Your top is so fun! I love to see some personal style and originality in what people sew. :-)

Irene said...

Hope you're feeling much, much better. What a wonderful top! Your method for finishing off the binding is a lovely detail.

shams said...

Super cute, Diana! That is a great fabric, when you can use it for a coat *and* a top!

Sharon said...

Your rib knit top looks like it will be a lot of fun to wear, and hope you are feeling much better.