I always use the time right after Christmas to consider what I really need to sew. This year, I needed pj's and a new robe. I didn't really enjoy making this robe but I thought it was worth showing since it was such a pain to make.
The fabric is a very weighty cotton chenille from my stash. Sewing with it was a pain in the a--! it produced fluff and stuff that settled all over the house, I raced to get it finished so I could vacuum because I can't stand a mess.
I used V1234 an OOP pattern as my starting point.
I enlarged the collar and made the robe floor length.
I used a pretty cotton print as the facings to make it a little less bulky. I didn't really like the collar that way so I cut a strip of the chenille and sewed it as a trim around the collar. Much better, I think.
I added a favorite pocket of mine , also made out of the cotton print.
I fastened the tie belt at center back waist instead of using carriers and also added ties on the inside waist for a secure closing and I was done.
The PJ's are going to have to wait a little while because I'm chomping at the bits to make something fun.
More later from