This jacket was very needed in my wardrobe and I've been working on it ,on and off, for about two months.
It is Burda Style #123 from the 01/09 issue.
When I first saw this one, I decided I had to make it. I loved its simplicity and colour.That was three years ago!
My version is a little different. I omitted the upper pockets and designed a new bottom pocket style. Here it is:
A close-up of the pockets.
As you see I slanted them, added a zipper and formed a secondary pocket on the larger one.To make this into a working ,zippered pocket I had to double the larger one. I simply made a welt type opening sewed the zipper, then sewed from bottom, along one side up to the top of the zipper, across the top of the zipper and down the other side
I added multiple rows of top-stitching to pocket flaps as well as to the collar.
Instead of snaps (which I cannot master no matter how hard I try), I used these great squared metal buttons.
I added a lining ,
Details about this garment:
Fabric was called Memory Cloth when I bought it at Fabricville. It isn't waterproof so I will have to spray it to make it so.
Lining fabric is a polyester taffeta plaid.
I made size 42 and it fit really well. I made my usual FBA and added a chest dart.. I found the sleeves to be quite long and had to shorten them.
Now I'm ready for the fall but I hope it doesn't come too soon!
My little Angel Riley is visiting me with her Daddy this week and I'm so happy to have them both!
You know I can't resist showing her off a little!!
More later form