I wasn't all that productive this week but I did manage to finish my version of V8691.
This is one of those patterns that really intrigue me and I had to try . This is what I came up with.I made View D.
I had planned on adding the flounce using the plain brown knit I used for the neckband but after basting a part of the flounce to the hem and trying it on ,I realized that look wasn't for me.
I only had one meter of the animal print ponti knit and I wanted to use three colours so I found this cotton crochet look lace in my stash for the sleeves which I lined with skin tone mesh knit left over from a skating costume for my GD.
Now about this pattern!
I found it to run rather large and that caused a few problems and naturally I didn't make a muslin.
First, I made my regular one inch FBA and that was too much for this pattern. I used Peggy Sagers" draping lessons on her webcasts to figure out how to get rid of the excess. Please watch these to learn all kinds of things about fitting and draping.
Next, the shoulders were at least an inch too wide and I was able to take in the front shoulder width because the princess seam ran up to the shoulders. In the back I was able to add a shoulder dart.
But the worst part of this pattern is the excessive fabric in this area.
It also occurs in the front. You can see in this photo.
This top is comfortable to wear and I do like it. I want to try another version in the spring but I'll have to iron out the glitches first.Also I'll make it longer to make up for not using the length in the flounces.
Happy Sewing from