Sunday, November 9, 2008

Vogue 8379 For Me



This is the best pattern! I've made it for my daughter (See here) and it fit her perfectly. I took the same size and made a Full Bust Adjustment (FBA), added an inch to the bodice length and two inches to the skirt length, and it fits me perfectly.




There is no neckline gaposis with this pattern either. The tie belt wraps around you ,you tie it , and everything is where it should be. You don't have to fidget with it or adjust it at all.And it isn't too low cut. It has a very modest neckline.



For anyone who is timid of sewing with knits, I highly recommend you try this pattern. It sews together easily and is not time- consuming. I'd estimate that this dress took me about six hours including altering the pattern, cutting out the garment and sewing it.

I've never done this before but I used Steam-a-Seam on the hem instead of sewing it. I'll let you know if it comes undone. I also used the S-a-S for the skirt facing,but I sewed the bodice facings
by machine. I probably wouldn't have done so had my fabric been plain but with a print the seams don't show at all.



The only little change I would make if I made this dress again is I would make the collar about two inches longer and maybe a half inch wider.

All in all V8379 is a keeper.

9 comments:

Ann Made Studio said...

That style suits you extremely nice! The fabric is fun and the dress does fit you perfect :) It definitely is a keeper:)

Claudine said...

You look great in that dress, and I love the fabric. What a trippy plaid!

Claire S. said...

Hi again Diana,

I answered your question about my link but in the meantime, I had to edit a link on my own blog and realized you CAN'T edit the actual address, you can only edit the display info.

You need delete me and re-add me with the correct link...

http://1seamatatime.blogspot.com

Does this help ?

Susan said...

That looks great on you. Your daughter's version is lovely, too!

Faye Lewis said...

The dress is very flattering on you and you are wearing it so well. I made this dress for my Mother and still need to make one for me.

BCN - UNIQUE designer patterns said...

Diana .- this dress is fantastic and you look divine ... also recalls the style of the designs of other "Diana": ...... Von Fustemberg.

Congratulations. best wishes.

Paco

Tamara said...

Mom, turned out great!

Joe Blow said...

Beautiful dress on a beautiful lady!

Joe Blow said...

Just jacked off to the picture of you in that dress