I haven't blogged for a while because I just didn't seem to feel like it.
But tonight I feel the spirit move me so here I am.
I've actually sewn a plethora of things in the last two weeks.I don't really enjoy home dec. I only do it when I have to. I've needed to make a new cover for our outdoor glider for a couple of years. To make myself get to it I had to schedule it in my weekly work plan. I started at 9:00 last Tuesday morning and finished it at 9:30 that night.I'm so very glad that's over with.
I had extra fabric so I made cushions for our bistro chairs as well.
Our youngest grand-daughter will have her first birthday on Aug.21st. I decided I'd try my hand at quilting. Have you seen this paper doll fabric ?It's just irresistible and I was very inspired to give a little quilt a try.
Here you see it with all the top pieces sewn together. That's as far as I've gotten.I'll have it machine quilted by a local woman .
Here's a closer view. Aren't those dollies adorable?
I'm also planning on making the dolls for Sadie to play with when she gets older. You use drapery weight fusible interfacing on the back of the fabric and you cut them out .You can even make a stand for them. Here are the clothes that go with the dolls.
You fuse fusible fleece behind these . You cut them out and supposedly they will stick to the dolls. I'll show you those after I've made them.
This next item ,I made just for the fun of it.I made it late one evening when I told my husband I was going into my sewing room to play.That's the term I use when I don't really know what I feel like sewing.
The little clutch is made out of metallic vinyl.I cut two pieces about 10 inches wide and 16 inches long.
Before sewing the sides together ,I cut strips of vinyl and sewed them to the ring.It's hard to explain how I did this without pictures but I forgot to take some of this step.
Next I sewed the embroidered taffeta lining, which I cut about 4 inches shorter, to the clutch width wise.Note the pocket which I sewed close to the bottom.
Before sewing the sides ,I added a magnetic closure.
My new purse purse matches these shoes quite well I think.
Next up is this OOP New Look skirt .I had a similar pattern in the late 70's and found it to be very slimming.
The fabric is a small geometric print stretch poplin from my stash which I've had a while and still love.It has a black background with white ,light orange and dark orange shapes.I used big black buttons also from my stash (of notions that is). I considered orange buttons but they really didn't do anything for the skirt.
I've worn this a couple of times and I love the style of this pattern.
My next project(s) is a mini wardrobe for my daughter,I'll be starting with this skirt.
More pics here.